The following message addresses weather, Covid, and assignments.
1. Sunday, the forecast continues to indicate a 100% chance of snow, ice, and rain – including expected accumulation.
The forecast hasn’t changed in the past few days, but rather has escalated to a severe winter weather watch.
So that everyone can plan well:
we are cancelling Monday’s on-campus schedule, and converting Monday to an at-home assignment day, according to LPA’s inclement weather plan. Secondary students have assignments. It is not a “free day,” and therefore no make-up day.
A copy of the weather plan will be emailed separately, later today. Teachers were briefed this week at our term work day.
2. Covid-positive and exposure cases have many secondary students home this week, as is true with all schools.
a. A snow day offers students a chance to be separated from each other, to lower the absentee student number.
b. Please honor this goal, by not having students to collect in houses and activities, while students are off campus.
3. Because of this dual set of goals, Monday, Jan. 17 is proclaimed “SnoVid Day.”
- Below are our expectations at this point.
- According to conditions, Tuesday and Wednesday may be adjusted.
- Monday, however, is set. There will be NO students on campus Monday.
frozen precip. expected.
We expect residual ice and snow in the morning.
Possible residual re-frozen ice on morning roads, triggering delayed start.
If residual re-frozen ice on morning roads, probably delayed start.
Regular at-home day
Probable delayed start
1 to 2 hours with abbreviated schedule
at home day
Inclement weather day All assignments convert
to at-home assignments
Campus definitely closed.
at home day
Possible delayed start if conditions remail Will assess conditions Monday and Tuesday.
Since sports activities occur during the warmer hours, look for updates/ announcements Monday and Tuesday mornings to address events that day
Questions? Reach out: Sec Gina.Brewer@LakePointeAcademy.ORG
EL Julie DeSa@LakePointeAcademy.ORG
Thank you, Louis Lemmon
1. I have communicated with other area schools. Most are closed Monday, Jan. 17 for MLK jr. Day anyway.
Practices 3:45 -5:45
Sunset mon 5:37
33 of 133
Questions? Please reach out: