For 20 years, Lake Pointe has helped parents to disciple their children through its holistic academic ministry program.
- Lake Pointe is a private, inter-denominationally Christian, college prep school.
- LPA operates as a University Model School (UMS), which expects intimate and active parent involvement in an alternating on-campus and family home learning schedule.
- The UMS program uses both professional instruction and parental assistance in a college-like format to build character and a strong work ethic, from the earliest grades, while building academic strength and competence in knowledge and understanding – ultimately seeking to build biblical wisdom.
- Academics are based upon classical content and approaches to foster mastery, depth of thought, engaged scholarship – and the skills to achieve these goals.
An educational ministry.
More than a school, and not a church, LPA is a discipleship and teaching community.
LPA's program is based upon three intertwined components:
A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart. Eccl. 4.12
1. Christ-centered focus
- Jesus Christ is at the center of all our goals and activities. It is for His glory that we exist.
- In academics, a biblically-integrated approach seeks to reveal Scriptural Truth along with knowledge.
- Campus life, activities and athletics all share the same mission: helping parents to disciple their children.
- The Gospel and His call to "Follow Me" are not platitudes. They must be at the core of Christian education.
2. Integral parent involvement (University Model)
- Many educational options desire parent involvement, but to achieve its goals, the UMS demands it.
- Active parent participation is an intentionally vital part of the academic and character programs.
- In the at-home satellite campus, parents teach, tutor, and coach their students to deeper learning.
- Mom and dad also actively counsel, encourage, instruct in quality and time management, and serve as discussion and debate partners.
3. Classical approach to education
- LPA believes the Classical Christian approach is the best method to provide solid knowledge, leading to understanding and wisdom.
- Encourage deep learning.
- To be well-trained, independent thinkers, and life-long learners, students need serious skills, not shortcuts.
- Students are taught differently at the three progressive levels of development: grammar, logic, and rhetoric