Lake Pointe is fully accredited by Cognia and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Cognia is “the largest education improvement organization in the world,” according to its web site. The organization was formed as AdvancEd in 2006 by merging several major accrediting bodies in the U.S., and renamed itself Cognia in 2019.
Accreditation provides the academy with a number of benefits:
- Accountability as the academy seeks to meet its own five-year improvement goals for education and operational excellence.
- Recommendations and evidence from other best practice schools.
- Certification credibility to smooth acceptance of graduates' college applications and transfers to other K5-12 schools.
LPA is also certified by University Model Schools International (UMSI)
Formerly known as a national (only) association, NAUMS, the association was formed in 2002 to create and to support University Model Schools. Focused upon the particular requirements for the UMS format, the UMSI certification process helps hold UMS schools accountable in principles and best practices.
Lake Pointe is NCAA-approved
The academy works with the NCAA to facilitate transition of student records
Lake Pointe is a member in good standing in the following associations:
- South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS)
- American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
- The Society for Classical Learning (SCL)