We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.
If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith.
If it is serving, let him serve;
if it is teaching, let him teach;
Are you looking to teach or serve?
How would you reconcile these two statements?
"LPA is a wonderful, fullfilling teaching opportunity."
"It's a lousy "job."
The answer is exciting! Please learn more about us below -- especially the three vital points -- and then let us hear from you. One of the most incredible honors for those who teach at Lake Pointe is to serve alongside other passionate Christ-followers! What a blessing it will be to experience your unique testimony and gifts.
We are grateful that you are interested in serving in the educational ministry of Lake Pointe Academy. The families and board of LPA firmly believe in the concept of the Christ-centered, classical, and parent-involved University Model School. It is our deepest desire to encourage and instill Biblical values in our children: to honor God, to respect authority and to develop a Christian world view in education.
Proverbs 2: 1-6, "My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Three vital points teachers should know
* Lake Pointe uses Biblical integration, meaning that God's Word is interwoven and taught throughout every course as the Truth comments on that subject. It's a wonderful opportunity for teachers to grow their faith by using their minds, and to lead their students in doing the same.
* Classes meet two to three days per week, with parents supervising challenging at-home assignments on the other days to prepare students to return to the classroom (Elementary classes meet Tues. & Thurs.; Secondary meets Mon.-Wed.-Fri.)
* Lake Pointe's opportunity is not a traditional "full time" teaching opportunity. As such, it makes a wonderful fullfilling teaching opportunity, but a lousy "job." Our faculty is part-time in structure; some teachers instruct just one course, allowing them to fuel their passion, while not surrendering family time. The average course load is two and half courses.
A dozen reasons our faculty members tells us they enjoy teaching at LPA:
* Biblical integration, allowing them to teach God's Word woven throughout the academics
* Flexibility to teach according to their time availability (not having to teach full-time)
Elementary classes meet Tues. & Thurs.; Secondary meets Mon.-Wed.-Fri.
Six full-week breaks during the year; 16-week semesters
* Ability to teach just the subject areas and grade levels of their passion (not the range of their certification)
* Low student-teacher ratio (maximum of 15:1 elementary and 18:1 secondary)
* Students who want to learn and who come to class prepared from the at-home days
* The support of engaged, committed parents assisting the students at home
* Challenging academics through the classical model -- not teaching dumbed-down material
* Administrative support in working through issues (life lessons) with parents and students
* Interaction with parents -- learning to "teach through" other people
* On-site care provided for their young children while they teach
* The chance to serve alongside and to learn from like-minded (but varied!) believers
* Reduced administrative load and non-classroom responsibilities
Find out more!
1. To find out more about the classical Christian approach, DOWNLOAD A FREE e-BOOK; Click Here
2. Learn more about University Model Schools, click here
3. For further info regarding current openings for faculty and staff positions at Lake Pointe, please email us at mailbox@LPA-SC.com.
Lake Pointe Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in either the admission of students or the hiring of staff members.