What does it cost to enroll at LPA?
It's a simple question that deserves an answer.
- First things first...
- Private education requires tuition. Lake Pointe receives no government funding, nor is the academy attached to a church, for financial support. Surely, expense is important to families! So it is important that families understand how prices, value, and payment work at LPA.
- To provide round numbers, below are costs per school division.
- Cost reductions, such as for early registration and sibling discounts can lower tuition.
Please note HOW the University Model School (UMS) saves parents money, compared to many other private schools.
- Alternate day scheduled class meetings means twice the number of students can use the same facility compared to a traditional program.
- But remember, there's a real level of "sweat equity" involved that lowers the tuition cost.
- Parents contribute their other currency -- TIME and CLOSE INVOLVEMENT -- in their child's learning exercises, in ways they wouldn't in a traditional school model.
Need specifics? ---Click on items BELOW for info in specific categories; ---Click again to collapse.
ELEMENTARY TUITION-- Grades K5 to 6th
K5 - 6th Grade Elementary
These are total recurring costs, tuition and fees, for the entire academic year (two semesters)
Included are estimated total fees, such as registration, grade level, and course fees. See also below.
Courses for K5 through 6th grade meet on campus on Tuesday and Thursday.
Full Time elementary (K5-4) 4 core courses $3,395
Full Time elementary (K5-4) 4 core courses plus 1 elective $3,995
Early middle grades
Full Time elementary (5-6) 4 core courses $3,650
Full Time elementary (5-6) 4 core courses plus 1 elective $4,340
SECONDARY TUITION ---Grades 7 to 12th
These are total costs, tuition and fees, for the entire academic year (two semesters)
Included are estimated total recurring fees, such as registration, grade level, and course fees. See also below.
Courses for 7th through 12th grade meet on Mon./, Wed./ Fri. (Electives on Mon. / Wed. only).
Full Time Secondary (7th-12th)4 core courses $4,250
Full Time Secondary (7th-12th) 4 core courses plus 2 electives $5,560
Tuition / Fees Schedule in PDF
What are the fees?
Due to the unique nature of the University Model School, families have two ways to approach affording Lake Pointe:
1. Full-time students receive the lowest tuition rate by qualifying for various, tiered tuition incentives.
2. Individual courses are available to home schooled students seeking college-preparatory core subjects and electives. (The exception is the grammar school level, K5-4th grade, in which students must take the four core courses as an integrated block.)
A tuition deposit of 10% is required, along with all fees, for registration. This payment is non-refundable unless the course is cancelled or substantially changed by the academy.
Enrollment and Registration Fees
Student Administration Fee
Each year, this $250 fee applies to each student. This non-refundable fee covers expenses the school is charged per student, regardless of how many courses are taken, such as student insurance and association fees.
Grade Level Fees
This fee covers costs related to successfully running each grade level. It includes materials and training, elementary learning logs, book rentals for class sets, Stanford and PSAT testing, secondary retreats, up to two transcripts, and graduation.
Science, Arts, and Technology course fees
These courses require special materials not otherwise covered. Please see Tuition and Fees Schedule.
While the academy provides literature reading copies and other classroom sets, families are responsible for other materials. Many are used for multiple years. Most families purchase used copies. Books may cost $200-$300 average per student if purchased new.
Extra-curricular Activity Fees
Sports and Club fees (outside of a class) vary by the activity, and apply only to those participating in those activities.
* All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
One time only fees for new student families
New family application fee
This $250 one-time, non-refundable fee covers the entire family application The application fee applies only to new family applicants and does not apply to returning LPA students or families.
Placement tests ($25 per each additional student) are a one time charge, and are required for math and language arts.
Training Fees for NEW Family: $155 (one time charge, approximate)
Home School Families
Some home-schooled students attend Lake Pointe to take courses to supplement their home education.
The tuition for such a part-time student is less than a full-time student, for obvious reasons.
This option is discussed on an individual basis, since the academy's standards, integration between subjects in a grade level, and course requirements need to be considered.
If approved, part-time admission allows a student to participate in LPA's academic, extra-curricular, and student life programs.